Choosing Staffordshire as the next chapter in your social care career is highly satisfying and rewarding in so many ways.
In addition to excellent pay and rewards, working for us you’ll enjoy an excellent range of benefits along with flexible and agile working options, plus exceptional learning and development opportunities to help you progress your career.
Outside of the specifics of the job role, we also offer a huge range of benefits which makes choosing Staffordshire an even more attractive proposition.
- Pay– Excellent competitive salary.
- Essential car user allowance – up to £963 per annum.*
- Pension – We provide a defined local authority benefit pension scheme.
- Sick pay – A generous sickness pay scheme.
- Re-location expenses – Support with Relocation costs including removal expenses, temporary travel and lodgings should you move within 20 miles of your new work base.*
- Annual leave – We offer generous holiday entitlements depending upon your role and length of service. PLUS 10 statutory days with the flexibility of using the two additional statuary days on days of your choosing.
- Employee discounts –we provide access to a wide variety of discounts on goods and services from a range of suppliers including Merlin attractions, EE and Microsoft.
- Optional employee car lease scheme*
*subject to eligibility
Working arrangements & Agile working
We know that supporting you in getting the best out of your working and living arrangements means you’ll be happier and therefore more able to focus on the vital work that you’re passionate about delivering and which makes a difference to Staffordshire people.
We also know only too well that one solution doesn’t suit everyone. So based on rigorous consultation with our staff, and listening to what you have to say we have rolled out an extensive programme of agile and smart working arrangements.
In fact employees tell us that our working options are one of the top reasons why people work and stay with Staffordshire County Council.
- Flexi-time scheme – available to all staff, and you can take up to one flexi-day per month or bank flexi days that can be used in up to a block of five consecutive days
- Part-time working – depending on your role, you might be able to work one of our range of options including part day, part week or even part year
- Job share – we can often offer this option across a range of jobs
- Averaged/annualised hours – vary your working hours over the year to fit in with personal commitments
- Staggered hours – the chance to vary your start and finish times as part of a team
- Occasional home working – for some roles you may take the chance to work from home on an as and when basis
- Maternity/adoption leave – you will be entitled to up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice
- Maternity support/adoption leave – you may take up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption.
- Parental leave – you may take up to four weeks’ unpaid leave per year until your child’s fifth birthday (up to a maximum of 18 weeks) or, if your child is disabled, this benefit is available until the child reaches the age of 18.
- Paternity leave – up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
Additional Travel & Transport Benefits
- Essential car user allowance – up to £963. per annum (subject to eligibility criteria)
- Optional employee car lease scheme – (subject to eligibility criteria)
- Staff Parking Discount Scheme
- Discounted bus / public transport scheme
- Pool Car available
- Promoted staff car share scheme
- Touchdown Centres – fully equipped and well-appointed secure office touch points operating in several locations across the county, providing you more flexibility in how you work.
- The latest ‘State of the Art’ tools and kit – including smart tablets, mobiles & hyper mobile laptops all with offline access
Health and Wellbeing
Our Employee Wellbeing programme – “Living Life Well” acknowledges that work, health and wellbeing is interlinked, and your wellbeing is embraced and supported at all levels of the organisation with a range of opportunities available to you to make positive choices about your health and wellbeing
- Wellbeing Days – regular days hosted by our wellbeing team held throughout the year with a range of activities offered to our staff
- Mental Health First Aiders – Over the next two years we are creating create a network of Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
- Thinkwell – our programme of staff counselling and support as and if required
- Physiotherapy Service
- Eye Care Discounts
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Utility Discounts (e.g. EE)
- Eye Care Discounts
- Local Attractions Discounts (e.g. Alton Towers)
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff Club